Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict XVI

And here we have it, our new Pope! I don't know much about the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, but I can not wait to find out. He was one of the cardinals that I was hoping would be elected, and I believe that he will follow in John paul II's footsteps faithfully. I am happy and excited for this new beginning.

“Dear brothers and sisters, after the great Pope John Paul II, the cardinals have elected me — a simple, humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord,” he said. “I entrust myself to your prayers. The fact that the Lord can work and act, even with insufficient means consoles me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers. I entrust myself to your prayers.”

And the words from Julian Carron, successor of Don Guissani as leader of Communion and Liberation.

"Dear Friends,The simplicity with which the new Pope Benedict XVI has presented himself to the Roman people and the entire world demonstrates the truth and humanity of his faith and his proposal: Christ!Together with the entire Church, we accompany him, as he has asked us, entrusting ourselves to Mary, "who is on our side.""

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM EDT, Blogger Janet said...

Thanks for the detailed comment. You made valid points. I just have a hell of a lot of fun making fun of things sometimes.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home