Thursday, March 03, 2005

at work...


Lady of Shalot, by Waterhouse

at work today... like normal... every day i get up about ten minutes before i have to leave, come in, turn on my computer, sit down, get my cup of tea, and do what i need to do. today is about the same, however i dont have anything to do. for the last week i have had about 1 hour of work for the full 8 hour day. i wouldn't mind so much, and actually, i really don't, but if only you knew what my office is like. i get to sit in the back room of a warehouse-made-into-office-building. i have no windows and i get to look at a wall all day. my back faces the door so people are constantly sneaking up behind me... sometimes scaring the crap out of me... other times just annoying me. i feel almost like i am 3 again sitting in a corner for pulling some other girl's ponytail.

lucky for me i have my computer and the internet all day long. not that it will completely satisfy me, but it is better than nothing. my boredom has led me to create this blog, which i did yesterday. i dunno if i will write daily or not... probably not, i can try. as usual, i will keep up for about a month maybe and then just stop and come back in a year. who knows?

Today i came to work about 10 minutes late but it doesn't matter since i am not doing anything productive anyway. i began to do my normal routine of viewing the daily For Better or For Worse strip, CNN News, Kristin's BLOG, and then I decided to look through other people's blogs, since, you know... I have time. Next thing I knew it was 9:20. DAMN! I missed the opening segment of
REGIS & KELLY. I dont watch it (hello, I'm at work!!), but I listen to it. see, i bought this cool walkman thing that plays the three main television stations. lucky for me, it now takes the spot of listening only to the radio for a straight 8 hours. it's nice for a change. i get to listen to Regis and Kelly, then THE VIEW, then i get my daily dose of Y&R, listen to part of the DON and MIKE SHOW, go to lunch, ELLEN at 2, half of OPRAH, and then I am free! it makes the day go by so much faster. hooray for electronics!!

what am I going to do for the rest of the day? this sucks! I can start with this game that I found on
Sweet Tea's blog...

Game Time Fun...
Meme from Snarky and Anna Banana

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

okay... funny how the nearest book to me is an intellectual one... i didn't mean to, i swear... here we go... from Why the Church? by the late Luigi Giussani.
page 123... beginning of Ch. 6 The Human Factor
5th sentence...
"Surely he is one of us," they said, "one whose background we can trace, whose identity we can check, as we can anyone else's." Moreover, the height of the scandal was the fact that not only did his identity present nothing mysterious at first- he was a carpenter, the son of Joseph- but that his human personality displayed a disconcerting openness towards all sectors of the population. He did not hold back from the most unworthy of them, the lowest of the low, those most open to criticism. (and for the rest of the paragraph)... On the contrary, he clearly leaned towards them: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?" (Mark 2:16b). And such a man dared to say: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6), daring to involve God with his own person to the extent of identifying himself with him.

There you go. check out the CL link to the right if you have greater interest in this write, book, etc.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM EST, Blogger soulmining said...

My 5th sentence was:

"That is what I ask"

That's kinda weird we both had the same meme on our sites!! lol

 
At 12:14 PM EST, Blogger Sweet Tea said...

I love that painting! I have a friend who has the mammoth size print on her living room wall and I have always wanted one too...though I have no where to put it. But I do love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home